Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the 90-minute confrontation occurred with a limited and socially distant in-person audience. The debate began at 9 p.m. EDT at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
True to a tradition as old as the idea of the presidential debate, many Americans have equipped themselves with their own games of alcohol and bingo to play during the debate. Lots of shared photos and videos of their games.
Here are some examples:
Drink Every Time Trump Says Something Obviously Wrong
– Jonas Poggi (@poggispaghetti) September 28, 2020
– Fern. (@Jenschemp) September 29, 2020
someone has some rules i should add to my debate drinking game pic.twitter.com/JrCjy7j36P
– pussy choker (@zoesf_) September 29, 2020
PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE 2020 DRINKING GAME
– look at something else instead
– have a good relaxing drink
– Tylerthée Huckabet (@TylerHuckabee) September 29, 2020
Drinking game Debate 2020.https://images.indianexpress.com/2020/08/1×1.png
I’ll be drunk at 9:03 pm if you need me. pic.twitter.com/VQdjyuaLA9
– Buca Deprespo (@zachespo) September 29, 2020
– KL (@K__E__L__) September 30, 2020
The debate was moderated by Chris Wallace of Fox News.